PUBLISHER: Iva Bárta Kováříková
Publisher, CEO GastroPress Publishing Ltd, journalist, wine judge, optimist, laugher, grandma of any child and cat…
Tel. +420 605 957 774, fax +420 323 656 600
Co-founder of the magazines Restaurant, Revue pro Hotel a Restaurant and Sommelier in early 90´s; since 2002 the majority owner and since 2004 the sole owner and CEO of the GastroPress Publishing.
In former times she has organized several exhibitions of wines, beverages and gastronomy (Víno a vinotéka, Hotel a Restaurant (later Ho.Re.Ca), PragoInterier etc.). She´s member of the Czech Journalists Syndicate.
As a journalist she covers important national and international exhibitions and other occassions for her magazines, among others the VinoElite Valencia, MIA Fiera Rimini, Sial Paris, Mundus Vini Germany, Austrian Wine Summit & VieVinum, Vini di Alto Adige, Grands Jours de Bourgogne, Grandes de La Rioja, gastronomy of Vlaanderen, presentation of Sherry in Jerez, Vino in Villa / Festival of Prosecco etc.
In last 10 years she has extended her activities in beverages tastings, presentations and exhibitions into the area on national and international wine contests as a taster and judge. She´s holder of the wine-taster certificate according of EU standards, authorizing her according to the Czech law to participation at contests and tastings, sanctioned by Czech Agricultural Ministry.
In recent years she was judging at well known international wine and spirits contests as:
- Sélections Mondiales des Vins, Québec (OIV), Canada
- Vinitaly (OIV), Verona, Italy
- Terravino (OIV), (Eilat, Tel Aviv, Jerusalem, Netanya, Ashdod), Israel
- Great American Int. Wine Competition, New York, USA
- Finger Lakes Int. Wine Competition, Rochester, USA
- Texas Int. Wine Competition, Austin, USA
- Berliner Wein Trophy (OIV), Berlin, Germany
- Les Councours des Grand Vins Blancs (OIV), Strasbourg, France
- Vino Ljubljana (OIV), Ljubljana, Slovenia
- awc-vienna, Wien, Austria
- CINVE (OIV) Valladolid, Spain
- Premios Zarcillo (OIV), Valladolid, Spain
- Concours Mondial de Bruxelles (Maastricht, Bratislava, Jesolo, Plovdiv, Valladolid)
- Black Sea Region Intl. Wine Contest (OIV),), Chisinau, Moldova
- Vienale Topoľčianky, European Women Tasting
- Meditrina Velké Pavlovice, Czech Women Tasting